ISO 50001 Energy Management Training Course
This seven module course is aimed at personnel on ships and in the shore based offices of shipping companies implementing an Energy Management System. It teaches them about the rationale, the practicalities and the procedures that are essential to Energy Management Systems. To illustrate and clarify the principles, the Course looks at the path taken by a fictitious shipping company in establishing and implementing an energy management system, an EnMS. This portion of the content is based on the practical experience of introducing the ISO Energy Management Standard, ISO 50001, in a shipping company.
This course is aimed at personnel on ships and in the shore offices of shipping companies implementing an energy management system.
- To provide a course compliant with and meeting the requirements of the ISPS Code
- To meet the learning objectives set out in the IMO's Model Course No. 3.19 and the proposed Model Course for Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
Mode of Delivery
This course is delivered using interactive Computer Based Training (CBT). Students follow easy on-screen instructions to progress through the course. The program contains text with (optional) English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips and animations. This Standard itself is applicable to all types of companies but we follow the progress and the issues that arise in a fictitious shipping company. This is based on the practical experience of actually introducing the Standard in a shipping company.
On successful completion of the course, users will:
- The reasons, the practicalities and the procedures that are essential to energy management systems
- Principles and benefits of energy management
- The ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) system model
- The aspects and impacts of Energy Efficiency
- How to begin the process if certification
The course consists of seven modules with tests after each module and a final test. There are also Assignments which must be completed in order to gain a certificate.
- Module 1 - The Principles of Energy Management
- Module 2 - Energy Efficiency Aspects and Impacts
- Module 3 - Energy Management System Requirements
- Module 4 - Energy Planning
- Module 5 - Implementation and Operation
- Module 6 - Checking
- Module 7 - Management Review
To complete the course, it is estimated that 6 Guided Learning Hours are required
There is a multi-choice on-screen test to complete at the end of each module, and a final test.
A candidate who would like to gain a certificate must first enrol with Videotel. The candidate will need to submit all the necessary documentation and meet the minimum criteria in assessment.
Make sure that you contact Videotel at the outset to find out the enrolment and certification process by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an up-to-date list of Flag State approvals, please refer to Videotel website at www.videotel.com
Produced in association with: