Advanced Oil Tanker Training Course
This course provides the specialised knowledge a student will need to serve on oil tankers and to be able to carry out specific duties relating to cargo or cargo equipment. The course has been updated to take account of recent changes to SOLAS, MAROL and STCW.
Who the course is designed for:
- Trainees serving on oil tankers
- Experienced officers or ratings transferring to tank ships from other specialised vessels
For details on the prerequisites please contact Courses@videotel.com, do not pay the fees before you meet the prerequisite.
- To provide a course compliant with, and meeting the requirements of Section A-V/1-1-2 of the STCW code
- To provide the specialised knowledge required to serve on this type of ship and to be able to undertake specific duties relating to cargo or cargo equipment.
On successful completion of the Course, the candidate will have the specialised knowledge required to serve on an oil tanker and to be able to carry out specific duties and responsibilities relating to cargo or cargo handling with confidence. The candidate will have gained sufficient knowledge of the practical application of the basic principles and concepts of safe tanker operations in order to carry out these duties.
The course consists of:
- Ten modules
- Tests after each module and a final test
- Optional written projects
- Contents listed overleaf
- MODULE 1 Introduction
- MODULE 2 Basic Properties of Petroleum and its Hazards
- MODULE 3 Safety
- MODULE 4 Pollution Prevention
- MODULE 5 Oil Tanker Design & Equipment
- MODULE 6 Oil Tanker Operations
- MODULE 7 Cargo and Ballast Pumps
- MODULE 8 Emergency Procedures
- MODULE 9 Inert Gas Systems
- MODULE 10 Crude Oil Washing (COW)
MARPOL, SOLAS, STCW
It is estimated that 40 Guided Learning Hours (GLHs) are required to complete this course. GLHs include the time needed to follow the programme on the computer, plus time needed for additional reading and research as well as the time needed to complete the assessments.
Mode of delivery
This course is delivered using interactive Computer Based Training (CBT). Students follow easy on-screen instructions to progress through the course. The program contains text with (optional) English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips and animations.
If the user intends to gain certification for the course, they must enrol, complete the projects set for each module and submit them for external assessment.
A candidate who would like to gain a certificate must first enrol with Videotel. The candidate will need to submit all the necessary documentation and meet the minimum criteria in assessment.
Make sure that you contact Videotel at the outset to find out the enrolment and certification process by e-mail to email@example.com
For an up-to-date list of Flag State approvals, please refer to Videotel website at www.videotel.com