Basic Oil and Chemical Tanker Training Course
This course provides an introduction to oil and chemical tankers and imparts the basic knowledge needed to serve as a member of the crew on these types of vessel. The course is designed to meet the specialised training requirements for personnel on certain types of ship under Chapter V of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
Officers, ratings and trainees serving on oil and chemical tankers and experienced officers and ratings transferring to oil and chemical tankers from other specialised vessels.
- To provide an introduction to oil and chemical tankers and impart the specialist knowledge required to serve on oil and chemical tankers and undertake specific duties relating to cargo and cargo equipment.
- To prepare learners for the advanced courses in oil and chemical tanker operations.
- To provide a course meeting the mandatory requirements of Regulation V/1-1 and Section A-V/1-1 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
For details on the prerequisites please contact Courses@videotel.com, do not pay the fees before you meet the prerequisite.
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2 - The physics and chemistry of oil and chemical cargoes
- Module 3 - Hazards and their management
- Module 4 - Ship design and equipment
- Module 5 - Oil and chemical tanker operations
- Module 6 - Inert gas systems
- Module 7 - Safety and Pollution Prevention
- Module 8 - Emergency procedures
Mode of Delivery
The course is delivered using responsive responsive, mobile-freindly Computer-Based Training.The program contains (optional) text with English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips and animations.
It is estimated that 20 Guided Learning Hours (GLHs)are required to complete a Course. GLHs include the time needed to follow the program on the computer, plus time needed for additional reading and research as well as the time needed to complete the assessments.
The assessment strategy is flexible and will depend on the requirements of the Approving Flag State. The course includes written assignments for the students to complete at the end of each Module. These assignments are compiled in a Portfolio which is returned to the UK for independent third party assessment.
Mode of delivery
This course is delivered using interactive Computer Based Training (CBT). Students follow easy on-screen instructions to progress through the course. The program contains text with (optional) English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips and animations.
If the user intends to gain certification for the course, they must enrol, complete the projects set for each module and submit them for external assessment.
A candidate who would like to gain a certificate must first enrol with Videotel. The candidate will need to submit all the necessary documentation and meet the minimum criteria in assessment.
Make sure that you contact Videotel at the outset to find out the enrolment and certification process by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an up-to-date list of Flag State approvals, please refer to Videotel website at www.videotel.com