ISO 14001 Environmental Management Training Course
In recent years, environmental awareness has grown significantly. Many major companies have responded by establishing an environmental policy and implementing programmes to minimise the impact of their operations on the planet. However, as green issues have attracted more attention, it has become apparent that businesses must show just how effective they are in meeting their stated environmental targets. For this reason, companies are increasingly adopting ISO 14001 to demonstrate and verify their green credentials.
Who the course is designed for
This is an introductory course for seafaring personnel who wish to learn about environmental management (based on the International Standard contained in the ISO 14000 series of publications) and gain accreditation (optional).
There are no specific course pre-requisites.
- To ensure the student:
- Develops knowledge of the principles of environmental management
- Develops knowledge of Environmental Aspects, Impacts and pollution
- Understands Initial Environmental Review and Environmental Policy
- Understands how to set environmental objectives and targets
- Develops knowledge of environmental control and documentation.
Course outcomesThe student will:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principals of environmental management
- Describe Environmental Aspects and Impacts and demonstrate knowledge of legislation used to control pollution from ships
- Describe the process undertaken to carry out an initial environmental review used to establish the environmental policy
- Describe the factors in setting environmental objectives and targets
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental control and documentation.
StructureThe course consists of:
- Project Work (For those taing Advanced Certification)
The course can be used on board ship, or ashore and is designed for individual self study.
- Module 1: Principles of Environmental Management
- Module 2: Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Module 3: Initial Environmental Review
- Module 4: Environmental Objectives and Targets
- Module 5: Environmental monitoring and Control
There is a multi-choice on-screen test to complete at the end of each section, and a final test
Mode of delivery
The course is delivered using Computer-Based Training. The program contains (optional) text with English language voiceover, still photographs, video clips and animations.
If the user intends to gain certification for the course, they must complete five projects and tests and submit them for external assessment.
A candidate who would like to gain a certificate must first enrol with Videotel. The candidate will need to submit all the necessary documentation and meet the minimum criteria in assessment.
Make sure that you contact Videotel at the outset to find out the enrolment and certification process by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an up-to-date list of Flag State approvals, please refer to Videotel website at www.videotel.com
Produced with the assistance of:
- Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association (Bermuda)